This Standard Investment Property Calculator will show how much you need to invest and how much capital gain you might get - up to four (4) investors. Note: You can only estimate properties in one of the following states: ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA. You will be able to choose which state when you make the purchase.
You will get $59 FREE bonus (see the table below) when you purchase the Standard Investment Property Calculator.
|1. Lifetime Free Update||$59|
Pay less if you DON'T need the bonus. Click here to learn how to pay less without bonus!
Here is a screenshot that will give you a better idea that what you need to do and what this Standard Investment Property Calculator can do for you.
This Standard Investment Property Calculator give you much more information on costs etc that the Free version does not.
1. It allows you to simulate up to four people to co-invest on one property. It also shows the weekly cost and the future ROI for each individual investor.
2. It predicts up to 30 years cash flow of both pre-tax and after-tax.
3. It estimates property market value for future 30 years based on the capital growth rate that you set.
4. It calculates who pays for your investment property and how much on a weekly basis - from year 1 to year 30.
5. It automatically calculates the income tax before and after deductions.
6. It automatically populates all the government tax, duties, and the capital works deductions (construction cost depreciation).
7. It will clearly tell you whether the investment property you want to purchase is a negative gearing one or a positive cash-flow property.
Things You Need to Know
Please Note: The standard Investment Property calculator assumes that the loan is an Interest Only (I/O) loan. If you want to estimate based on a Principle and Interest (P/I) loan repayment structure, you need to purchase the Professional version or Ultimate version.
The standard Investment Property Calculator does not allow you to compare across different states. For example, if you want to know whether you should invest in NSW or QLD, you should use the Professional Property Investment Calculator.
If you are unsure if the standard Investment Property Calculator suits your needs best, please click the button below for a detailed comparison across the Free version, Standard version, Professional version, and Ultimate version:
All the Standard Investment Property Calculators has the optional ability to estimate National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) investment property. Normally you need to purchase a NRAS Unlock Code to unlock this function. From 2022 you can get the unlock code for FREE. Please note: You need to have the Standard Investment Property Calculator first before you can use the NRAS Unlock Code.
This calculator is built in Microsoft Excel worksheet. You need to have Microsoft Excel® 2007 & Above for Microsoft Windows® OR Microsoft Excel 2011 & Above for Mac® to use it.
All the calculators (paid and free ones) on this website are password protected. If you need the unprotected version of any calculator a fee will apply. The advantage of the unprotected version is that you can freely edit the tool without any limit although we still own the copyright of the unprotected calculator. Please note you cannot re-distribute our calculators without a written approval from us even for the ones with your modification or customization. In addition we are not going to provide any support on unprotected calculators with any modification or customization.
(1) It is assumed the investor has an interest only (unless otherwise stated) home loan and the interest is deductible for tax purposes.
(2) When calculating the Capital Works Deductions, it assumes that the construction of the property started after 15 September 1987 and therefore the depreciation deduction is claimed for 40 years from the date construction was completed at a rate of 2.5% per year. Please note: You can manually adjust the depreciation deduction values from year to year if this assumption does not suit your situation.
(3) When calculating the tax payables, the tax rates applicable to Australian residents are used and the 1.5% Medicare Levy based on the individual Medicare Levy threshold is included where applicable. The calculator does not incorporate any other factors that might influence the amount of tax payable, such as Medicare levy surcharge, HECS contributions, any rebates, and deductions.
(4) The discount method is used to calculate capital gain tax if you hold the property for at least 12 months. The discount percentage is 50%.
(5) All months are assumed to be of equal length. One year is assumed to contain exactly 52 weeks or 26 fortnights. This implicitly assumes that a year has 364 days rather than the actual 365 or 366.
(6) All the properties are assumed to be purchased and owned by individual investor(s) instead of trust or company or organization. If you plan to use the calculators for ownership other than individuals please do not purchase our calculators.